About The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL)
The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL) is responsible for:lind
- Promoting and advancing teaching and learning at Columbia University
- Administering the Provost’s initiatives in teaching and learning and online education, including the RFP for Hybrid Learning Course Redesign and Delivery and the RFP for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Supporting schools, colleges and departments in offering new and extending existing courses and programs to audiences around the world
- Reviewing new and existing online and hybrid degree and non-degree programs
- Proposing, reviewing and disseminating policies on teaching and online education
Columbia Online is Columbia University’s central resource for students, faculty, alumni and staff to access online courses, programs, initiatives and tools, and to share best practices in leveraging online and digital technologies to enhance teaching and learning. Columbia Online is a university-wide effort coordinated by the Office of the Provost.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) partners with faculty, students, and colleagues across the University to support excellence and innovation in teaching and learning. The CTL is committed to advancing the culture of teaching and learning for professional development, curricular enhancement, and academic support through its programs, services, and resources.